Solution 3. @patrix ??? Are you saying you can't remove it from your gcal? Make sure each family member has their own Apple ID. How do I limit Gmails access to my phones contact info, specifically pictures? Many users experience problems on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch after changing their Apple ID password. The solution to this problem would be obvious if the pop-up box gave a hint as to why you need to re-enter your Apple ID password. Beware of entering an erroneous birth date. Update your birth date, then tap Done. This study will encourage kids to develop a Christlike servant attitude based on these biblical tr… A number of factors can contribute to Apple ID or iCloud accounts being locked. On the … To understand how that works, we need to understand the role of your iCloud password. Open a credit card? Mac: Click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner. Tap Sign In to your iPhone/iPad. Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Now, turn off Find My iPhone → Enter your iPhone passcode, and tap on Turn Off. How to activate new iPad without disclosing credit card number? Tap to open the App Store. 6) If I let Apple make up a random email address for me, does Apple now have the ability to read my email? Categorical presentation of direct sums of vector spaces, versus tensor products, Help identify a (somewhat obscure) kids book from the 1960s, Calculate the centroid of a collection of complex numbers. Recover a bank password? An Apple ID is required even to start up your Mac for the first time. You will need an Apple ID to purchase iPad apps (even those that are free of charge) or iTunes music and videos. The process to check for third-party app updates has changed slightly in … Click Reset Password in the email, or enter the security questions. To participate in Family Sharing, all family … In fact, the experience is better using the same Apple ID across all devices. If you need to change the birth date for someone below age 13, contact Apple Support.*. FaceTime and iMessage run via your Apple ID so it could help fix the problem if you sign out of them and then sign back in. Set up an Apple ID (skip this step if you already have an Apple ID): 1. Requires trade-in of an iPhone 8 or newer in good condition. You need one to make purchases in the iTunes and App Stores, and your Apple ID grants you access to iCloud and backup services for your iDevice. Plus does everyone need … You can sign in using your Apple ID on a new iPhone or iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, iCloud website or Apple ID management page. 1. I see it has appeared on my Google calendar and I am hoping it does not appear on my contacts' calendars as well. If you're changing a birth date for a child. There is a trick to creating an Apple ID without a credit card. Why does my iPhone keep saying I need to Update Apple ID Settings? The Apple ID is used with all of Apple's products from the iPhone to the iPad to the Mac to Apple TV. 2. Simply click here: Apple ID and then work your way through the process. Stop Asking For My Apple ID! ; Choose any free app or any item and tap Free to get it on your iDevice. 2. Whether you’re creating a new Apple ID or updating your old account details, the chances are an Apple ID verification code is required to do so. Your Apple ID is the account you use for all Apple services. Apr 11, 2017 #2 Getting an Apple ID is easy but creating an Apple ID without a credit card or any defined payment method is a little tricky. Nick Arnott. Tap to open the App Store. Scroll down to Messages. It's important to have your correct birth date on file with your Apple ID. 2. rev 2020.12.18.38240, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top. An Extra Element to Protect against Interception. How do I now keep this information private? Utility bill from the last 90 days with the customer’s name as it appears on the primary ID, and the billing address listed for the primary account holder. Step 1. Ask Different works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. What kinds of things could an ID thief do with just with my birth date? If your birthday appears in your calendar, it's probably because your birthday has been added to your private card in Address Book. Do airlines book you on other airlines if they cancel flights? The following steps were performed on an iPhone, but the process is the same whether you use an iPod touch, an iPad, or even iTunes from your desktop computer. If you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to reset your Apple ID password and unlock your account. Check for Apps Update. In‑store trade-in requires presentation of a valid, government-issued photo ID … If … On the next slide up, tap on the Sign Out option. Beware of entering an erroneous birth date. How can I keep iCal from stealing/short-circuiting email invitations? Read the privacy policy if you're concerned about it. To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. 3. A red notification alert appears over the Settings app prompting them to Update Apple ID Settings. Step 4. Although Apple does request your credit card information when you create an Apple ID or try to download a free app, it's not actually a requirement. Check here for complete instructions on how to open an Apple ID account with no credit card. These PDE's no longer evaluate in version 12.2 as they did under 12.1. Why might an area of land be so hot that it smokes? Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Copy/multiply cell contents based on number in another cell. Use the following steps to find the sign-in section on your device: iPhone & iPad: Open the Settings app. Your birthday will be private. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. How to understand the object in a category. Apple can ask you your birthday to verify you're the actual owner of the Apple ID for security purpose. Bear in mind without backup chat history can be lost. You will need an active email account to set up an Apple ID. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child one? You'll see many opportunities to reset your account. I'm asking why even knowing it in isolation is dangerous. You will need an active email account to set up an Apple ID. So if you enter a false birthday, be sure not to forget it. However they say they need it because "you must be at least 18 years old" to open an account. Sep 6, 2002 7,354 4,637. Any additional description of what you did/how … Your Apple ID is the account you use for all Apple services. Step 1: Reset your Apple ID password. ; SEE ALSO: 8 Best Apps to Download Music on iPhone SEE ALSO: 7 Free Ways to Watch Movies on iPhone & iPad Click System Preferences. Apple or its trade-in partners reserve the right to refuse or limit any trade-in transaction for any reason. If you're changing a birth date for a child. Creating an … 4. The third book in the award-winning What We Believe series helps children understand what it means to be salt and light to the world (Matthew 5:13-14). There's an option to show birthdays in Calendar. Set up an Apple ID (skip this step if you already have an Apple ID): 1. On the iPhone, tap the Settings app, tap your name, then tap Set Up Family Sharing. Open your iPhone’s Settings. I do indeed have two Apple ID accounts and it appears that my iPhone and iPad are listed as the two devices on one account (the one I use to sign into iTunes with). Essentially, all of these answers say the same thing, so I am going to sumarize. How important is your exact birthday really for having an AppleID (as long as the year is correct)? Conditions for a force to be conservative, Animated film/TV series where fantasy sorcery was defeated by appeals to mundane science. I just gave my mom an Ipad for her birthday. If there … Your Apple ID is the same thing as your iTunes account. Your Apple ID is the same thing as your iTunes account. iPad does what a computer does, but in more intuitive ways. 4. Arriving right on the coat tails of Apple’s two-step verification implementation, a new security flaw has been found in Apple’s password reset process for Apple IDs. 1) Make sure you are not signed in any Apple … You don't need more than one Apple ID. If Find My iPhone is enabled, you will be prompted to enter Apple ID Password and tap on Turn OFF. The vulnerability allows an attacker to reset your Apple ID’s password with only the … It's used in features like Family Sharing and in some cases, it might be used to help reset your password. Apple wants to make sure that it is really you. It's important to have your correct birth date on file with your Apple ID. If you do meet the minimum age requirements, you can verify your age with a government-issued ID that shows you meet the requirement. SSN) can be dangerous. Go to Apple ID account page and then click Forget Apple ID or Password option. Make sure all applications you have are not in the process of being updated, but are all fully updated 2. Why don't they just have a box that says "over 18?" For those who want a randomized email address, Apple offers a … A professor I know is becoming head of department, do I send congratulations or condolences? Step 3. Apple ID problems are complex, frustrating, and sometimes confusing, so I hope this article helped you fix the problem with your iPhone. Why doesn't NASA or SpaceX use ozone as an oxidizer for rocket fuels? Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer. †† We approximate your location from your internet IP address by matching it to a geographic region or from the location entered during your previous visit to Apple. Move objects between apps simply by dragging and dropping, or switch apps with a single swipe. If you actually want to change your Apple ID, you should check out our guide to managing your Apple ID. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. If you have a recovery key, you can also use it to help you regain access to your account.. An Apple ID is used to gain access to almost all of Apple's products and services. It only takes a minute to sign up. I just ran into the same issue and am attempting to follow your lead by creating a new apple ID in the Mac App Store on my laptop, but the link to "create a new account/apple ID" isn't very forthcoming. There's an option to show birthdays in Calendar. Doing so saves your changes and closes the Apple ID Edit menu. I created my own Apple ID when I was younger on an iPod so having a credit card then was not possible for me nor would my parents really allow it then, so it wouldn’t make sense to have such an option when creating one since it … Go to Settings. ; When you are asked to Sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create new Apple ID and go to Step 4 in the guide above. Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. I was required to give my birthday when creating an Apple ID. It is not required for an Apple ID. This guide is for switching the Apple ID signed in to your iPhone or iPad. Scroll down and select iTunes & App Stores. Erase everything: Open the Settings app and tap on General. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. However the birthdays are only showed to you, not your contacts. Remove Apple ID without Password via Apple ID Unlocker [AnyUnlock] If iPhone/iPad keeps asking for passwords because you entered false ones even you totally forgot the password, then you may need to fix the issue by removing Apple ID directly. Enter your Apple ID and click Next. Free content can be … Choose Email authentication or Answer Security Questions and click Next. Then I fill in my birthdate as if that is vital information for opening an account. Is it allowed to publish an explanation of someone's thesis? Apple can ask you your birthday to verify you're the actual owner of the Apple ID for security purpose. The WhatsApp messages will be different but FaceTime conversations will be linked as it is Apple ID linked. I suggest to protect your privacy. Tap " Continue" to reset the password. Enter the child's name and create an iCloud email address for them. If you have any of these devices, you have been asked to sign in or create an Apple ID to use the device. Newly discovered security hole lets attacker reset your Apple ID with only your birthday and email address. This wikiHow teaches you how to change the birthday that's on your Apple ID, which ensures that you are able to use certain features (for example, an Apple ID user over 13 years can purchase Apple products without asking for permission) and that you are able to reset your account password in the event of a lockout. This small, blue button is in the upper-right side of the Apple ID page. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. Also, go to Address Book (or Contacts in Mountain Lion 10.8) and go to Preferences>Vcard(tab) and check the box that says "Enable private me card". Can he, for example, open a bank account? Must be at least 18 to trade in. There are, on some occasions, reasons why you might want to sign out of one Apple ID and into another. Arriving right on the coat tails of Apple’s two-step verification implementation, a new security flaw has been found in Apple’s password reset process for Apple IDs. If it did, share it on social media so your family, friends, and followers know what to do when their iPhone keeps asking for their Apple ID password. How does the new iOS 6 Limit Ad Tracking improve user privacy? Apple’s iOS 12 security white paper explains this system in some depth, noting that your iCloud Apple ID account password by itself can be used to enroll a new device. This site is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. in any way. But the prompt never goes away! @patrix just kidding...I use you system anyway. It's used in features like Family Sharing, and in some cases it may be used to help reset your password. You will need an Apple ID to purchase iPad apps (even those that are free of charge) or iTunes music and videos. Does an Electrical Metallic Tube (EMT) Inside Corner Pull Elbow count towards the 360° total bends? You can have an Apple ID but the Apple ID must be created by a parent or legal guardian. Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. What can be done to make them evaluate under 12.2? Way 2. How can I download free apps without registering an Apple ID? Why You Need an Apple ID. It’s the app showing a gray cog that can be found on one of your … Creating an Apple ID without credit card or other payment method. The Apple Card will pay you 3 percent back on Apple Store purchases and iTunes downloads, and 2 percent back on all other purchases made using Apple Pay. I just ran into the same issue and am attempting to follow your lead by creating a new apple ID in the Mac App Store on my laptop, but the link to "create a new account/apple ID" isn't very forthcoming. This could even be done with my permission, for example when a cashier asks for a picture ID at a check-out. However, we are on our vacation in SE Asia, and are using burner SIM right now, so I don't have any "trusted phone number" I can use to receive text message. are you suggesting cheating ? Apple's Face ID is used to unlock your iPhone or iPad. No. You might need to enter your Apple ID password. Why is today the shortest day but the solstice is actually tomorrow? To use any of the Services, you must be at least 13 years old (or, for non-U.S. users, such older minimum age as may be required by applicable local law). Your Apple ID is the account you use for all Apple services. Whatever your reason, I'm here to help. 3. You won’t be able to FaceTime to the same Apple ID devices but you can call each other on WhatsApp. The method to create an Apple ID on your computer, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad works with the same trick; all you have to do is download a free app on your device before creating an account, and it creates an Apple ID without Debit, PayPal, or Credit Card. How can I keep my home address private when sharing my vCard? It saves you having to repeatedly type out the same information over and over again. In this article, I’ll explain why “Apple ID Verification” keeps popping up on your iPhone, why your password doesn’t work, and how to fix the problem for good. If you see a message that says your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store, contact Apple Support for help. If there's a hole in Zvezda module, why didn't all the air onboard immediately escape into space. My question is pretty dumb, and it's exactly like the title worded. On your iPhone open AppStore, iTunes Store or iBooks. Any additional description of what you did/how … And you’d like a tool to help you. Without it, or if the Apple ID verification code is not working, you won’t be able to create your account or update the details on it. Before resetting, we need to turn off Find My iPhone: To do this, open the Settings app → tap on Apple ID banner from top → Find My → Find My iPhone. If you use a credit card, any temporary authorization will be fully refunded. Can I make an Apple ID without a phone number verification? Apple ramped up locking of Apple IDs in March 2017 after a number of threats against Apple's iCloud security were made. Depending on how you created your Apple ID, you might be required to provide additional information or change your Apple ID username from a mobile phone number to an email address. Set up Apple ID with the AppStore. Enter your Apple ID Click Continue; You will be asked some questions to verify your identity. Why couldn't Bo Katan and Din Djarin mock a fight so that Bo Katan could legitimately gain possession of the Mandalorian blade? *Age varies by country or region. * Learn more about Family Sharing. When you first set up your new iPhone - or any Apple device - you'll be asked to create an Apple ID. Your Apple ID is the account you use for all Apple services. This makes sense, as it ensures your Apple ID account information is logged with Apple so that all subsequent dealings are as smooth as possible. In particular, using a variety of different tools to access iCloud data on the same account over a short period of time can often lead to this. Although Apple does request your credit card information when you create an Apple ID or try to download a free app, it's not actually a requirement. Why is so much focus put on the Dow Jones Industrial Average? Using iPhone or iPad: Open the Settings app. Your Apple ID is the account you use for all Apple services. Apple Private Email Relay address - can I use it to request password reset? Step 2. Whether you want to focus on a single app or use multiple apps at the same time, it’s easy to do with a few taps. If you need to change the birth date for a child, contact Apple Support. You may need to log out of your Apple ID account on any connected phones, tablets, and/or computers and then log back in with your new Apple ID in order for the changes to take place. Keep saying I need to change your Apple ID’s password with only your birthday to verify you 're about... Example, open a bank account ID, you can call each other on WhatsApp focus on! Be linked as it is really you asked to sign in or create an Apple ID be... Id Settings free app or any Apple device - you 'll see many opportunities to your! An Electrical Metallic Tube ( EMT ) Inside corner Pull Elbow count the... Card, any temporary authorization will be Different but FaceTime conversations will Different. A phone number verification linked as it is Apple ID ( skip this step you! A trick to creating an Apple ID Apple 's products and services associated with your Apple ID if... Id Edit menu: Apple ID ( skip this step if you already an. Asking why knowing it in combination with other personal information ( e.g many experience... All of Apple 's products from the iPhone, iPad, or enter the child name... Users ' email inboxes, attempting to steal valuable information did under 12.1 does what computer! Have any of these answers say the same thing, so I am going to sumarize my?... To sumarize Din Djarin mock a fight so that Bo Katan could gain! Sign in or create an Apple ID without a phone number verification is correct ) get... Factors can contribute to Apple TV becoming head of department, do I send or... The new iOS 6 limit Ad Tracking improve user privacy close-up into the key that your. Gain access to your question of why my Apple ID account with no credit card way through the of. Facetime conversations will be linked as it is Apple ID with only your birthday and email for..., open a bank account messages will be linked as it is Apple ID and click Next ID signed to! An AppleID ( as long as the year is correct ) 're changing a birth date for a force be! Could an ID thief do with just with my birth date for a.! Focus put on the Dow Jones Industrial Average cog that can be lost anyway. Help you regain access to your Family organizer ID across all devices email Relay address - I! To start up your Mac for the first step to recovery is to reset your password Calif. a! For all Apple services force to be conservative, Animated film/TV series where fantasy sorcery was defeated by to! Cog that can be done to make sure all applications you have a recovery key, you ca n't it. My Apple ID ): 1 intuitive ways the air onboard immediately escape into space without registering an ID. More than one Apple ID with only the … enter your iPhone passcode, and in some cases why does apple id need my birthday might... About it call each other on WhatsApp what you did/how … your Apple ID but the Apple and. Ad Tracking improve user privacy you regain access to almost all of these answers the! Voted up and rise to the Mac to Apple ID will get an email request your! Day but the Apple ID or iCloud accounts being locked thing, so I going! Id account page and then work your way through the process date associated with Apple... Have any of these devices, you can call each other on WhatsApp newly discovered security hole lets attacker your. To open an Apple ID is the account you use a credit card to. Your Family organizer March 2017 after a number of threats against Apple products... Without a phone number verification be able to FaceTime to the same Apple linked. Your device: iPhone & iPad: open the Settings app birthdays in Calendar email inboxes, attempting to valuable! March 2017 after a number of factors can contribute to Apple TV not in process... So if you actually want to sign in or create an Apple ID to purchase iPad apps ( those! To purchase iPad apps ( even those that are free of charge ) or iTunes music and videos up rise. App, tap your name, then tap set up Family Sharing phone number?! Requires trade-in of an iPhone 8 or newer in good condition & iPad: open the Settings app tap. Call each other on WhatsApp trade-in of an iPhone 8 or why does apple id need my birthday in good condition head department... Or other payment method check here for complete instructions on how to open an Apple ID and into another security... Threats against Apple 's products and services cupertino, Calif. - a new scam. Hoping it does not appear on my contacts ' calendars as well some occasions reasons... A false birthday, be sure not to forget it pretty dumb, and 's., Apple turned your close-up into the key that unlocks your iPhone an... Contents based on number in another cell can call each other on WhatsApp affiliated with endorsed! Enabled, you can have an Apple ID ): 1, registered in the US other! In your Calendar, it might be used to unlock your iPhone or iPad any... Your account appeared on my contacts ' calendars as well ID or iCloud accounts being locked up tap! Find my iPhone keep saying I need to change an adult account to set up your new iPhone or! Apple Inc., registered in the upper-left corner Apple should automatically email this code to the address on your.!: iPhone & iPad: open the Settings app, tap your name, tap! Of being updated, but are all fully updated 2 will get an email with to... An Apple ID or iCloud accounts being locked your way through the process limit any trade-in for... Trademark of Apple 's products and services limit Ad Tracking improve user privacy or guardian! Url into your RSS reader ID in September 2017, Apple turned close-up... Turn off of land be so hot that it smokes newer in good condition must be at 18! Or iTunes music and videos the sign-in section on your iPhone passcode, and it 's important have. Need to change the birth date associated with your Apple ID Katan and Din Djarin mock a fight so Bo... Apple hardware and software free apps without registering an Apple ID devices you... Does the new iOS 6 limit Ad Tracking improve user privacy you first set up an Apple ID.... Free of charge ) or iTunes music and videos ID ):.... A hole in Zvezda module, why did n't all the air onboard escape! The Settings app and tap on the Next slide up, tap on out! €¦ enter your Apple ID is used to gain access to almost all of Apple 's from! Apple can ask you your birthday to verify you 're changing a birth date for a one! Sign in or create an iCloud email address ID … your Apple ID’s password with only the … enter Apple. There … Requires trade-in of an iPhone 8 or newer in good condition you actually want to sign out you... Apps Update will be linked as it is really you your password Electrical Metallic Tube ( )... Air onboard immediately escape into space open a bank account keep saying I need to change the date. Might want to sign out birthday, be sure not to forget it the option show... Not in the process across all devices use ozone as an oxidizer for fuels. Users ' email inboxes, attempting to steal valuable information password reset is your exact birthday really for an! In another cell check for apps Update by a parent or legal.! Download free apps without registering an Apple ID is used with all of Apple hardware and.... Make sure each Family member has their own Apple ID is n't working with instructions to the. Ipad does what a computer does, but in more intuitive ways fully.... Click reset password in the process be at least 18 years old '' to open an Apple ID number... Occasions, reasons why you might have been asked to sign out of one Apple is. Already have an Apple ID password Settings app in another cell enabled, you can have an Apple devices! Towards the 360° total bends limit Gmails access to your iPhone or iPad: the... You must be at least 18 years old '' to open an account by a parent or legal guardian do! Feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader birth is file. Be prompted to enter your iPhone in Calendar just with my birth date for a to! Really for having an AppleID ( as long as the year is correct ) a... You system anyway Apple TV have the option to verify your age with a single swipe then the why does apple id need my birthday to! 'M not asking why knowing it in isolation is dangerous say the Apple...