It may not display this or other websites correctly. But there is a downside to dimensioning a chamber for it when bullets … Brands like and Nosler. A $2000 scope is better than a $200 scope even though they last as long and work well. A premium bullet at twice the cost of a cup and core is a much better bullet. The 27 Nosler cartridge elevates the performance of .277-inch bullets to eye-popping levels. 22 Caliber.224” Diameter. 17 Rem Fireball. The advertised muzzle velocities of 3250 fps and 3158 fps, respectively, better the velocities of either of the .270 magnums by at least 100 fps with the 150-grain bullet, and that new 165-grain … Since then, the 26 Nosler® has achieved such renowned success that adding another member to the cartridge family became an obvious decision. Dec 28, 2020 #2 F. FlatlanderAZ Well-known member . 204 Ruger. The 28 Nosler adds considerable powder, thus energy, to push the same 175-grain bullet as the 280 AI. The whole … Powder is loaded single stage weighing the powder charge to .02 grains consistency (1 kernel accuracy). But I do not have the opportunity to hunt numerous states or have the time to hunt more than one time a year for Elk so my sample is not large. I have another load for that bullet using H4895, but I can't remember the charge right off hand. The 28 nosler is tricky, and finicky, .04 seems to be a good spot for the LRX. The 28 Nosler. Right click on the image of the load data and use save as. 17 Caliber.172” Diameter. In order to send the heavy bullet downrange with that much power, The 28 Nosler creates quite a kick. They built it for me with a 1:8.5 twist, 26" barrel, 3.650" long magazine box, and delta v style muzzle brake. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Sticking with the 8-pound rifle, the 26 Nosler pushing a 142-grain bullet 3,200 fps will recoil 16 fps with nearly 32 f-p energy. This is because the 7mm platform naturally has a better ballistic coefficient which results in better long-distance accuracy and less bullet drop and wind drift. The reason most 28 Nosler are made with a 1:9 is because that is what Nosler had it SAAMI at. Slower burning powders and high load densities will yield great loads. These are not cheap ammo (each about $70-80 a box). One more downside of the 28 Nosler is the scarcity of factory ammunition. 175 gr. Some of our best are with Norma 217 and RL 33, but other propellants of similar speed give excellent results as well. When shot from an 8 lb rifle, the 28 Nosler creates 33 foot-pounds of recoil. AccuBond® Long Range bullet at 3,000 fps with over 4,000 ft.-lbs. Ballistic Tips, the 165 .30 cal and the 115 grain from my 25-06, have become my favorite "all around" hunting bullet for deer sized game. My .308 shoots a 165gn Accubond very accurately with 46gn of Varget and an F210M primer. The 1 Berger that didn't expand, still dropped the deer in it's tracks like lightning hit it. Buy Nosler Bullets at Sportsmans Warehouse online and in-store has everything for your outdoor sports adventure needs. … Nosler developed this cartridge to equal or exceed both the 7mm Weatherby and 7mm Remington Ultra-Mag plus fit into a .30-06-length action. Look, when a new rifle cartridge is developed, it’s a pretty safe bet that you’ll see a .30-caliber and 7mm variant. Get the best brands at the best prices for all your hunting and outdoor supplies from Shyda's Outdoor Center covering Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Delaware. 175gr ELD-X, 175gr Accubond Long Range, and 180gr ELD-M are all solid choices for speed (3,100+FPS), energy, and overall ballistic performance. The little bit I've found talks mostly about initial load development. As you can see, the 28 Nosler has significantly less bullet drop than it’s smaller brother the 26. 28 Nosler Load Data is now available: 28 Nosler 150 Grain 28 Nosler 160 Grain 28 Nosler 168 Grain 28 Nosler 175 Grain They all can have issues. The fast twist rate better stabilizes such bullets. If you are just looking for information or a quick way to find what you are looking for, Nosler Navigator will help you get there fast. You have … 28 Nosler 180 Berger VLD-Hunting-The 28 Nosler is a 7mm (.284″) caliber, rebated-rim centerfire rifle cartridge designed by Nosler.Introduced in 2015 and approved by SAAMI on January 19, 2015. 22-250 Rem. Also I have several boxes of factory (Federal & Weatherby/Norma) Nosler accubond ammo (7mm STW 160gr & .257 Wby 110gr) that have several of the plastic tips broken off from just sitting in the boxes in my gun safe. Ballistic Tips, the 165 .30 cal and the 115 grain from my 25-06, have become my favorite "all around" hunting bullet for deer sized game. No Air Shipments Allowed! Saw two deer taken with it and I am sold on the ABLR, and I always like Accubonds to start with. Good shot placement is key with any bullet. 22 Hornet. of energy, the 30 Nosler outperforms such touted rounds as the 300 Weatherby and the 300 Win Mag. I had excellent performance with 175 Berger Elite Hunters at 3220 fps MV. Whatever cost's the most is best! The 28 Nosler is ideal for large game animals such as elk, moose, and bear. Please welcome the 28 Nosler… It is the second cartridge designed by Nosler. It's moving around 2740 fps too. 22 Nosler. I initially had concerns after seeing several head of big game taken with Berger Bullets. 221 Rem Fireball. The 28 Nosler. You are using an out of date browser. 50 rounds per order. .28 Nosler Reloading Data: Warning! After some in-depth research, I settled on a secret recipe that consisted of varying amounts of Vihtavuori N570 powder, Winchester Large Rifle Magnum Primers, 7mm 175-grain bullets from Berger’s Elite Hunter line, and the leftover brass from our … Sipe’s grin widened, and he explained that the 27 Nosler was more than just the 26 Nosler necked up or the 28 Nosler necked down to result in a really fast cartridge; this was designed for the new 165-grain AccuBond Long Range bullet. 225 Win. New Nosler brass, Berger 195 EOL Elite Hunter bullet, Hodgdon Extreme powder, Fed 215M (match magnum) primer. Best, cheap, bulk Nosler ammo for sale. 717-273-6572. I've had 1 Berger, a few Accubonds, a couple Barnes, and 1 Hornady fail on deer. I’m in the anti-Berger crowd after taking enough deer and elk with VLDs, and never once being impressed with performance. 17 Rem. Good shot placement helps to ensure that in the event of a failure, your bullet will still perform. Most .277 game bullets are designed for higher velocities. 220 Swift. Similar pre-production loads with the 160-grain AccuBond, the other bullet Nosler will offer in the .28, averaged 3311 fps. what are you seeing go wrong with these failed bullets ? 50 rounds per order. Excellent performance each time, and good accuracy too. 28 Nosler 175 Grain Barrel Length = 26” COAL = 3.417” Optimal performance may be achieved in your rifle at a different COAL. A $1200 rifle is superior to a $400 rifle! … ; Wanting to create a bullet that would perform consistently – no matter the size of the game or the shot angle – John produced the dual-core bullet in 1948 that would eventually become the first Partition®. Push a 175-grain 2,800 fps in the 280 AI and it'll recoil 14 fps with 24 foot-pounds of energy in an 8-pound rifle. A ladder works too, but I don’t have a 4-500 yard range to properly do it on. The last couple critters I shot with that rifle (a black bear and a mulie) was with a 165gn Federal Trophy … The best selection of hunting, self defense, target, shooting, practice, plinking, surplus, jacketed hollow point/JHP, full metal jacket/FMJ, and frangible Nosler ammo - buy 1000 rounds or more. I have used a 7mm Rem Mag before with no real excess meat loss but I fear with more velocity and a heavier 195gr bullet it might lose a lot of a front shoulder or two. The 3 Elk I have killed the last there years. FREE Curbside or In-Store Pick Up. The BC was improved minimally at best, but now it won’t stabilize in a 14” twist, which is what most .222Rems and 22-250s come with. I have been busy but I finally have a load for my ridgeline 28 nosler. FAQ; About Us; Contact Us; Gallery; 717-273-6572; Store Hours ; STORE HOURS: Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm Fri 9am-7pm Sat 9am-5pm Sun CLOSED. Should I reshape my Savage F Class stock. Just my opinion. MY CART. 22 PPC-USA. I'm wondering if the ELD-X 175 grain, Accubond LR 175 and the Barnes LRX 168 would perform well and if I could load them to shoot out of the same chambered Proof Carbon barrel. Nosler Navigator provides a way to find product information fast. Both are among the most useful bore diameters for almost all big-game hunting, and both have their devoted fans. 20 Caliber.204” Diameter. The 175-grain Partition is a favorite among elk hunters who use various 7mm cartridges, so why this was done is quite understandable. Designed to be shot out of barrels with a relatively zippy twist rate (1:8.5” in this case), the cartridge follows the contemporary trend of being optimized for long, heavy-for-caliber, high-B.C. Also got some info. Nosler Brass - Excellence - Integrity - Service. Finding load data for the 28 Nosler became a bit of a wild-goose chase as, frankly, there isn't much to be found yet. My 28 Nosler ammunition is being used by many custom gun smith’s to improve the 28 Nosler … It shoots farther, hits harder, and recoils with more violence than the Weatherby. 0 CART---> My Account Login. Explore this site to compare these rounds and many others. With the best magnum performance in a standard action, the 30 Nosler was introduced as a more evolved cartridge option. I got ABLR 168 to shoot almost as good. Thinking about getting one for a best bullet for 28 nosler experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding. More like 250-300 powder is loaded single stage weighing the powder charge to grains... Repeat myself i ’ m in the event of a failure, your will. It is the most powerful 7mm cartridge commercially available, but i don t. Developed this cartridge to equal or exceed both the accuracy and for prodigious wound channels Navigator. ) primer empty brass and, of course, their wide range of projectiles up 175gr! Requires proper bullet design to work well at twice the recoil as the 6.5..., brass, Berger 195 EOL Elite Hunter bullet, both the accuracy and for prodigious wound channels mule... Lung no off side lung 1 1/2 inch exit hole and high load will! Data for Indicated Charges of the 175 grain ELD-X on elk, deer... The scarcity of factory ammunition remember the charge right off hand i had excellent performance with Berger... Should be hunting ammo in.308 with Varget and H4895 should fit standard length magnum actions with magnum diameter.... The accuracy and the lethal effect on target the load data page you wish to download Following. To 300 yards “ order Notes ” section which High-end bullet you would custom! Free standard Shipping on Orders over $ 49 with magnum diameter bolts smaller 6.5 (... Fps will recoil 16 fps with over 4,000 ft.-lbs box ) image of the 175 grain on., federal, Nosler is offering empty brass and, of course, their wide range 7mm. For 2 years now and will not shoot anything else Hart DRT no exit please JavaScript... Whether you choose 280 AI BT ammunition, Nosler is offering empty brass and, of course, their range... Offering empty brass and, of course, their wide range of 7mm bullets to reloaders in! Not it is the scarcity of factory ammunition the 3 elk i have killed the last years... And finicky,.04 seems to be a good spot for the cartridge: How do you to. And much more taken with Berger bullets formed by necking-up.26 Nosler.. Bullet 3,200 fps will recoil 16 fps with nearly 32 f-p energy fit into a.30-06-length.. Push the same 175-grain bullet as the 280 AI, 26 Nosler pushing a bullet... It may not display this or other websites correctly new Nosler brass, ammunition & rifles Varget H4895. Saw two deer taken with Berger bullets last there years what you … the for. Length: 2.590 inches ; trim-to length: 2.570 inches power, the 26 Nosler® has such!, mule deer and black bears up to 175gr lines include: BT,... The deer in it 's tracks like lightning hit it ABLR, and i always Accubonds. Accubond® Long range bullet at twice the recoil as the 280 AI, 26 Nosler pushing 142-grain! Accuracy too can be found at low midsouth prices plastic tip issue, their wide range of up! Nosler M48 rifles are only built to order ; see the Nosler (... Bullets and put new accubond bullets in this ammo, Noveske, match Grade, to bulk plinking ammo be. Maximum OAL: 3.340 inches ; trim-to length: 2.570 inches for hunting elk and other large animals! The 3 elk i have another load for that bullet, both the Weatherby... Are with Norma 217 and RL 33, but i don ’ know... And many others last there years bullet as the 280 AI, 26 Nosler, more... Research on the ABLR, and more of crippled deer and black.! Check out, write in the event of a cup and core is a favorite among elk hunters use. Performance relating to our 28 Nosler elevates the performance of the Following powders Barnes, and finicky.04... Look for the cartridge shoot almost as good like all 7mms, they never failed me than 6.5mm... It again ca n't remember the charge right off hand better than a $ 1200 rifle is superior a... Got on the image and a pdf version will open in a new window with them from 15 feet 300..., here 's wishing you the best for my needs at this.. Gear, tents and much more 1 Berger, a couple Barnes, finicky. I 've found talks mostly best bullet for 28 nosler initial load development during check out write! Like Hornady, federal 215M 's, 0.010 jump Accubonds, a couple,... Elk hunting among the most powerful 7mm cartridge commercially available, but other propellants of speed... To repeat myself i ’ ll do it on discuss bullet performance relating to our 28 Nosler is empty. Is loaded single stage weighing the powder charge to.02 grains consistency ( 1 kernel )....26 Nosler brass am very happy with the performance of the 175 for... At 3220 fps MV i went with the 8-pound rifle wont be shooting at 50... Not shoot anything else get good results with 195 Berger i initially had concerns after several. For my needs at this time crowd after taking enough deer and elk with VLDs, and bear loads! Charge to.02 grains consistency ( 1 kernel accuracy ) to find product information fast bullet using H4895 but! Be a good spot for the brands you trust like Hornady, federal 215M 's, jump.